Equipping followers of Christ to transform their world
We honor God by partnering with parents and churches to provide a well-rounded, excellent education with a biblical worldview. We prepare students for a lifetime of learning, service to their communities, leadership and future success.
Transforming lives for Christ through excellence in education, relationships, and service.
Philosophy of Christian Education
Milpitas Christian School is dedicated to a philosophy of education based upon the word of God. We are evangelistic in our ministry and seek to bring its students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to disciple them in Biblical truth and application of that truth in developing a Christian lifestyle.
The academic program, while stressing basics, must provide a wide range of studies and use both traditional and modern methodology, with materials which are current and academically sound. Along with the acquisition of facts, stress will be placed on development of skill in logical, Biblical, and creative thinking and the ability to share information with others clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
We provide a progressive, future-oriented program, incorporating the most current information about skills and needs of the future with the Biblical moral values we have always cherished. We seek to bring our students into the twenty-first century as healthy, spiritually dynamic, mentally alert, academically prepared individuals, ready to interact meaningfully with each other, our society and our world. We endeavor to instill a love of learning that will take them far beyond their formal schooling years and into a lifetime of challenges and growth.
We recognize differences in innate ability and expect each child to perform at the highest level possible. We will assist parents in getting special services for special needs. If we cannot meet the intellectual, physical, or emotional needs of the student, we will assist the parent in an alternative placement rather than jeopardize the child's best educational advantage.
Christian character development is of primary importance at Milpitas Christian School and every effort will be made to assist students to become good citizens. To this end, the discipline plan is developed along Biblical guidelines, not to be punitive, but to develop in the student strength of character leading to self-discipline. The goal is that students will be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, know the truth and the freedom it brings, and do the will of God, which is good, acceptable, and perfect.
Milpitas Christian School will offer music, drama, art, and physical skill development for the purpose of helping students appreciate beauty in God’s creation, learn to express their creative impulses in pleasing ways, and develop healthy habits and a sense of Christian fellowship and sportsmanship.
Milpitas Christian School admits children of all races and nationalities and does not discriminate in any of its programs on the basis of gender, race, or national origin.
Students and families: Milpitas Christian School will minister, in partnership with parents and the local Christian community, to Christian and non-Christian students, and families of various ethnic and economic backgrounds through evangelism, discipleship, and by assisting with related needs.
Staff: Milpitas Christian School will attract and retain capable, well-prepared, dedicated Christians for every position who are called by God to be role models and educators.
Programs: Milpitas Christian School will provide high quality, well-rounded education that meets the needs of students from preschool through middle school in a Christ-centered environment.
Facilities: Milpitas Christian School will acquire and maintain facilities well-suited to meet the identified needs for Christian school education within the local school service area.
Community support: Milpitas Christian School will build community support to attract and retain students and to acquire the funds needed to achieve our mission.
Finances: Milpitas Christian School will operate on a balanced budget that includes a Capital Fund for future needs.
Statement of Faith
We, at Milpitas Christian Schools (MCS), believe we can personally know God through Jesus Christ. We worship one God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe God loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, to pay for our sins. He makes possible a relationship with Him, and gives us eternal life through His death and resurrection. In order to be united with God we must accept by faith what God has done through Christ.
We agree that the Bible is God’s Word, completely true, providing His direction and authority for our lives. The Bible shows us how to know Jesus Christ and become more like Him and desire to do His will. We learn to rely on Him and grow in our relationship with Him as the Holy Spirit acts in our lives.
This school is an outgrowth of this personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our commitment as a school is to share this relationship and our lives with each other, with our students, and with our community, upholding each other in our spiritual growth and everyday struggles. Together we look forward to Christ’s return.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that they are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).